Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thomas! (And his friends.)

Photobucket

True story:

Riding home from dinner tonight, I was sitting in the backseat with Jothan. Over the radio airwaves we hear this song of little kids singing about Gordon B. Hinckley.

Me: "Hey Joth, do you hear that song on the radio? They are singing about Gordon B. Hinckley."

Joth: Listening intently. "Oh ya Mom they are!"

Me: "You know that Gordon B. Hinckley died and went to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus, right?"

Joth: "Ya Mom, now there is another Gordon, named Thomas!"

Leave it to my little four year old to recognize that A: We have a new "Gordon" (prophet) and B: That in the show Thomas and His Friends (You know which Thomas I speak of...) There is an engine named Gordon, and an engine named Thomas. I would have never put those two together.

Little Man, you totally RAWK, I love you so much!

14 comments:

Ponczoch Family said...

Love it! What an amazing little mind. And a prophet is a "Gordon"... too funny!

dust and kam said...

Love the photo (as usual) :)

Joth is awesome!

Happy Mother's Day Kim. You are an amazing mother.

Angela S said...

Someone once pointed out to me that before Pres Faust died, the first pres was actually Thomas, Gordon and James. Like on the Thomas stories.

Unknown said...

Dude, isn't there a Henry on that show too? Strange beans.

Unknown said...

that is too cute. gotta love the things that come out of children!!
I guess I need to watch Thomas the train more!! :) we are going to A day out with Thomas next week, look slike I need to learn more before we go!! lol

hope you had a GREAT mothers day!!

Skye said...

That is seriously the cutest thing ever!!!!!!! Adorable!

Mostly Jessica said...

There is a precedent.
The ancient Nephites loved Nephi so much that they called all of their Kings Nephi. (see Jacob 1)

Jothan is such a cool guy!!

Andrea Brawley said...

Oh Kim ... that is so cute. I absolutely love hearing what comes out of their mouths and how their brains work.

Thomas & Friends are coming up to Heber ... I will have to look at the dates. Maybe we can all plan a play date to take the boys up for the trip.

Leisha said...

I never would have put the two together either. Way to go Jothan! Such a cute story.

Tim and Ashlee said...

Well I'm glad Jothan's got it all figured out!! Too cute!

Heather said...

I may have to go and Tivo this show now!! What a bright little guy!!

The Gag-nears said...

That is so funny, the other night Ryan said something similar in his prayers - he said "thank you that President Hinckley died for us" Garth and I were laughing so hard. I guess eventually they get it. Out of the mouths of babes! Kids are great. Thanks for the free newborn session offer - I was so hoping you could do it! I will be in touch. Love you tonz!

Crystalyn said...

what a cutie! that's awesome.

Lace said...

This is so cute! Love this little guy and always have! I would have never put those two things together either! How clever!