Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Birth Mother's Day!

I had the most incredible day. Today we had a luncheon for the birth mother's from our agency. I am always blown away by the spirit in the room on this special day. I love meeting new people, seeing friends and listening to the stories of adoption, and the miracles that are wrought through these strong, beautiful, and amazing women.
Amanda asked a sweet girl from her neighborhood to come and sing for us. I was BLOWN away and had to wipe tears from my eyes. An amazing experience.
My heart has been truly touched today. I just wanted to remember. I am so lucky to be a part of FSA, the people I have met, the lives that have been touched. WOW.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

note to self- do NOT look at blogs while at work. Especially the one where you have a friend that is a photographer!

Unknown said...

i too am glad I was able to attend this luncheon and I was also SO glad I was able to attend this with our wonderful birthmom Rosalynd!!!

Amy said...

Kim, that sounds so wonderful-what a great experience to share with those you care so much about. . .

And on the side note I do plan on calling you the day "she" arrives, I want you to meet her and take some time to hold her or snap some photos-so it's a plan. love ya

Elisa said...

I love this picture. I really hope I can talk you into giving me a copy for Calli's book. We need to get together again that was fun a few weeks ago.

Mostly Jessica said...

I SOOOO wish I could have been there! I'm glad Ron got to go but sad I couldn't.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the splendid life of us... said...

My feelings for birthmother's, especially McCoy's, are so deep and tender that it brings me to tears everytime I think of the day McCoy was placed in my arms.